RE: [Michalak] Re: AF4/G motor bracket and hardtop

  • Brian Nimmo
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4, 2011
      I have no doubt size and technology (16:1 2-stroke, 50:1 2-stroke, 4-stroke, etc.) of an outboard affect its fuel efficiency. But I also suspect that most modern 4-stroke outboards of similar displacement will perform similarly on the same boat. Those numbers in particular would be very useful.

      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      From: j.stromski@...
      Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:12:32 -0800
      Subject: Re: [Michalak] Re: AF4/G motor bracket and hardtop

      Isn't fuel consumption largely dependent upon motor? Yes, the hull figures into
      the equation, but my 1964 18hp Johnson's mileage will vary greatly from other
      motors. My gas gauge is to inaccurate (inoperable, actually!) to come to
      anything more accurate than "fill the 6 gal tank for a typical day out
      picnicking".

      From: daschultz8275@...
      Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 16:19:46 +0000
      Subject: [Michalak] Re: AF4/G motor bracket and hardtop

      I think you are building an AF4G then. You'll need the displacement to haul the
      fuel.

      Don