Re: [Michalak] Re: Scow Schooner?

  • Mike John
    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 5, 2011
      Jim thinks on things for a bit then replies. If Jim in the end can't help,
      Ross Lilllistone or John Welsford might be able to. Don't loose the dream.

      Mike John

      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 5, 2011
        Bolger drew 2 designs with Birdwatcher Cabins and schooner rigs.

        The first is the Jochems Family Schooner, has leeboards, 8' beam and
        uses water ballast.

        mily%20Schooner%20%23639/

        The other is The Amherst Galley designed for a private school. Narrow
        with 8 rowing stations and uses a centerboard.

        lley/

        I am thinking something lighter and a lot less complicated, yet with
        more accommodation space than his Light Schooner or famous Folding
        Schooner.

        http://www.instantboats.com/fschooner.htm

        Jewelbox fits the lighter and less complicated criteria and of course
        still meets the accommodation one with the rig as designed. Probably the
        Rob Kellock lug sail.

        Nels