Balanced rig for trilars

  • alan enlow
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2010
        I am building a trilars and wish to use a balanced lug rig on it. any suggestions on sqr. feet, spar sizes etc?

    • gary
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2010
        Not sure this qualifies as a suggestion, maybe a "guess"-gestion. Anyway, something in the range of the 55 square footer of the original Piccup design to the 74 square footer of Woodbo, Wooboto, etc. I'm building a stretched Trilars that will be about 19 feet long and am planning a standing lug of 60 to 70 square feet, plus the 12 square foot mizzen off my Frolic2.

        Gary