Re: [Michalak] Re: Michalak's T200

  • John Huft
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 17 5:23 PM
      I loved reading about his agony looking for a place to send a message to
      headquarters!

      The best piece of advice I've gotten so far from it is to use kitty litter with
      the 5 gallon bucket loo.  I've ALWAYS been the one stuck with honey bucket
      detail, I guess that's one of those "dad" jobs.  We have one of those portable
      toilets and I've never been able to dump the tank without getting dookey on me.
      I'm pitching that stinker and going to the bucket/litter method.

      John Boy

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17 6:05 PM
        Check out Luggable Loo (available many places including WalMart) or the
        Bumper Dumper if you need to stop on the way..

        On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:23 PM, John Huft <t1ro2003@...> wrote:

        > I loved reading about his agony looking for a place to send a message to
        > headquarters!
        >
        > The best piece of advice I've gotten so far from it is to use kitty litter
        > with
        > the 5 gallon bucket loo. I've ALWAYS been the one stuck with honey bucket
        > detail, I guess that's one of those "dad" jobs. We have one of those
        > portable
        > toilets and I've never been able to dump the tank without getting dookey on
        > me.
        > I'm pitching that stinker and going to the bucket/litter method.
        >
        > John Boy
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Carl
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 18 8:42 AM
          I've found that a bucket loo with pine shavings provides the ultimate solution, easy, odorless (even in a sunbaked trailer) and easily disposable. The key is the pine shavings which make the apparatus oderless and promote composting which makes the bag safely disposable in a dumpster. In my experience kitty litter, and similar products simply don't do the job. You can make your own pine shavings or go to a feed store or some pet stores to buy bundles of it.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 18 9:42 AM
            Would this be used with biodegradable plastic bags or compostable
            plastic bags or would it matter? Whichever is strongest I would guess:-)

            I have an older style potty lid (no cute name on it.) that snaps on over
            a standard 5 gal. pail. The bags are heavy but I doubt biodegradable.
            Never have used it as I prefer a porta-potti. I have three at last count
            and some empty a lot easier than others, so I seem to prefer the one
            that has the fold-out empty spout and air inlet button that prevents
            splash-back. I ask users to put the toilet paper into a separate ziplock
            bag and that is a huge help. I guess it should be biodegradable as well.

            Nels

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 18 10:40 AM
              I use regular bags but the compostable ones seem like a good idea. Yes, strength in this case might trump all.
              Would this be used with biodegradable plastic bags or compostable
              plastic bags or would it matter? Whichever is strongest I would guess:-)

              I have an older style potty lid (no cute name on it.) that snaps on over
              a standard 5 gal. pail. The bags are heavy but I doubt biodegradable.
              Never have used it as I prefer a porta-potti. I have three at last count
              and some empty a lot easier than others, so I seem to prefer the one
              that has the fold-out empty spout and air inlet button that prevents
              splash-back. I ask users to put the toilet paper into a separate ziplock
              bag and that is a huge help. I guess it should be biodegradable as well.

              Nels

              --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" <shnarg@...> wrote:

              > I've found that a bucket loo with pine shavings provides the ultimate
              solution, easy, odorless (even in a sunbaked trailer) and easily
              disposable. The key is the pine shavings which make the apparatus
              oderless and promote composting which makes the bag safely disposable in
              a dumpster. In my experience kitty litter, and similar products simply
              don't do the job. You can make your own pine shavings or go to a feed
              store or some pet stores to buy bundles of it.

            • Bob
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 18 1:24 PM
                Thanks Nels ..

                I don't post much because I haven't done enough to really help folks .. & I skip some posts, but not yours .. I forget, where are you ?

                Bob
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 18 3:17 PM
                  Bob,

                  Always enjoy your DW articles. I live in B.C. Canada but have been down
                  in your area a couple of times. I have people I know in West Phily area
                  - Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Jenkintown.