Announcement Loire trip

  • Hajo Smulders
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2 9:03 AM
      Not to discuss on this message board; just thought that some of you might be
      interested. Should be a fun raid!

      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/10/gatherings/loire/index.htm

      Hajo
      --
      "There are too many people, and too few human beings." (Robert Zend)

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2 11:34 AM
        Hajo,

        This is a really exciting prospect. Even though I am pretty booked up
        for 2011 I am considering it. How about yourself?

        Brian is putting a lot of effort into this and I hope it turns out to be
        a reality!

        Nels

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2 1:13 PM
          Are you a member of the yahoo loire trip group yet? I do want to give
          publicity to this trip on the other message boards I'm on; but I don't want
          to take them over talking about boats from another designer etc...

          I think it will become a reality; and a pretty fun one at that. Funny thing
          is that if you add everything that goes into an everglades challenge; the
          price is not much less than this trip.
          It is very likely that I will attend.
          It's a pity that I can't do it with one of my sons. (They'll both be in
          school at those dates). Also living in the US it will seriously eat up any
          vacation budget I might have. Regardless of that; It's too good not to go.
          (I also happen to be fluent in French; which should lead to hilarious
          situations with any other travelers that don't!)

          One note: right in that area (Chenonceau) is where my kid sister and her
          friends discovered a decomposed body in the Loire... That's about 30 years
          ago though; so the waters should be clean by now...

          Currently looking into a small sail rig for the quick canoe. I know Paul
          Helbert, member of the canoe sailing group, put a balanced lug on his Storer
          quick canoe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxCi1ZadQP8)
          If one made the leeboard and bracket and sail at home, One could rip a set
          of (square) spars in an hour! It would make a great addition to those quick
          canoes! (I don't mind rowing; but I DO really mind rowing when there's
          wind!)

          Hajo

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2 7:07 PM
            Yes I am.