Sandy Shoal 16 observations

  • Joseph Stromski
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
      First of all, congrats to Rob on his first "official" design. Secondly, I'd like to say that all of his comments regarding boating with kids are very much on the mark! As the owner of an AF4, and parent of a 9 year old, I concur completely with the reasoning for every mod he's made to the base AF4b design. Some of the shortcomings he's addressed, such as cockpit length, are avoided in the full length AF4,and I don't plan on any major surgery to mine. But there's definitely well-thought out merit to the design. Well-done indeed.
      Regards,
      Joe

    • rogerinthedr
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
        Where is the information / pictures of this Sandy Shoal 16? I would like to take a look at it, but I am not sure to what you are referring. Thank you.
        Roger

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
          Click Here:

          http://tinyurl.com/29r6m64

          On Jul 1, 2010, at 10:10 AM, rogerinthedr wrote:

          > Where is the information / pictures of this Sandy Shoal 16? I would
          > like to take a look at it, but I am not sure to what you are
          > referring. Thank you.
          > Roger
          >
          > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Stromski <j.stromski@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > First of all, congrats to Rob on his first "official" design.
          > Secondly, I'd like to say that all of his comments regarding
          > boating with kids are very much on the mark! As the owner of an
          > AF4, and parent of a 9 year old, I concur completely with the
          > reasoning for every mod he's made to the base AF4b design. Some of
          > the shortcomings he's addressed, such as cockpit length, are
          > avoided in the full length AF4,and I don't plan on any major
          > surgery to mine. But there's definitely well-thought out merit to
          > the design. Well-done indeed.
          > > Regards,
          > > Joe

        • Joseph Stromski
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
            Sorry, its the cover story on Duckworks today
            http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/10/columns/rob/08/index.htm
            Joe

            ________________________________
            Where is the information / pictures of this Sandy Shoal 16? I would like to take a look at it, but I am not sure to what you are referring. Thank you.
            Roger

            --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Stromski <j.stromski@...> wrote:

            > First of all, congrats to Rob on his first "official" design. Secondly, I'd like to say that all of his comments regarding boating with kids are very much on the mark! As the owner of an AF4, and parent of a 9 year old, I concur completely with the reasoning for every mod he's made to the base AF4b design. Some of the shortcomings he's addressed, such as cockpit length, are avoided in the full length AF4,and I don't plan on any major surgery to mine. But there's definitely well-thought out merit to the design. Well-done indeed.
            > Regards,
            > Joe

          • Rob Rohde-Szudy
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010
              Thanks, Joe! Though I wouldn't call the AF4B's traits "shortcomings". It was
              just designed with different needs in mind.

              It's also a good point that in the longer AF4, there's a bit less need to
              quibble over maximizing bulkhead position so much. All other things being equal,
              a bit longer is msot often better.

              Best,
              --Rob

              Sandy Shoal 16 observations