Re: Toon 2, looking like boat

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 8, 2010
      It's the same on my main hull of my Trilars - I remebmer looking at it one day after a sail asking myself - did I put that in backwards and just notice now....
      The framing on the transom is the same orientation forward face, but inside the afterdeck the forward bulk, same of the forward most bulkhead. interesting question...

      Tom

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "tsgosnell" <tsgosnell@...> wrote:

      > You are correct, I am not sure why, except that maybe it has to do with the drop down aft deck. I did sit on a stool and leaned back to try the comfort, seems to not be in the way. I plan to just smooth the edges. I have sailed in a frolic 2, and if I remember it is the same. I know it does have the 1x4 on the forward side like the toon. But that gives backing for attatchments as well as strength.
      > Scott
      >
      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "wd0d" <wd0d@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Scott,
      > >
      > > Your photos seem to bear out what I see in the Toon2 plans, namely that the perimeter framing on bulkhead 13.5 (1st bulkhead forward from the transom) is on the forward face and not the aft face.
      > >
      > > I can't understand why. It seems to me that the perimeter framing should be aft so that it will not show.
      > >
      > > Could you give me an explanation? I must be missing something.
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > Bob
      > >

      > > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "tsgosnell" <tsgosnell@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Got the sides on last night, posted a couple of pics. Only hard part was the stem. Thats a really hard angle at the bow. If I had to do it again, I would add a foot forward of BH2, give her a more pointy bow and less sweep in. Going well though, should have her bottom and bilges on by Monday.

    • gary
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 8, 2010
        Yep, Scott's right, it's that way on the Frolic2 as well as the Trilars (which is currently under construction in a stretched version). I think it might be that way to avoid getting in the way of the framing for the aft deck.

        Gary