Photo Group

  • Robb
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 28 9:08 PM
      Does anyone at all here know who owns the michalak photos only group? Robb

    • Wayne Farris
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 29 5:14 AM
        Good question. I am not sure Max transferred "ownership" of the three photos_only groups to anyone. They were created when Yahoo!Groups were severely limited in space for photos so they are probably not used as much as they used to be but we need to be able to manage them.

        If Chris does not know I will send a message to Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only-owner@yahoogroups.com
        and try to find out. In the meantime, you could communicate with the owner by emailing that same address.

        Wayne

        -

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29 6:19 AM
          Hi....I have tried to emal whoever that is many times. This has been going on for years. As long as I can remember, I have been banned from that group and it has gone on long enough. I have never had an altercation with anyone on this or any other group and whoever it is needs to be man enough to face me and tell me why I am not allowed to view the photos. I'm no longer going to sneak around and sign in to a different name just to view the other boat photos. We all need to take control of those groups or move all of the photos to a different location so that no "unknown" person may arbitrarily lock us out. I own a web server and I for one am now donating unlimited space for michalak photos. I am not perfect....I've made mistakes....but I don't know of any that I've made that would cause me to be banned from a boat building group. Enough is enough.....whoever this coward is, they need to face me like a man and tell me why I'm banned. Robb

          Good question. I am not sure Max transferred "ownership" of the three photos_only groups to anyone. They were created when Yahoo!Groups were severely limited in space for photos so they are probably not used as much as they used to be but we need to be able to manage them.

          If Chris does not know I will send a message to Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only-owner@yahoogroups.com
          and try to find out. In the meantime, you could communicate with the owner by emailing that same address.

          Wayne

          -

          -- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Robb" <robb@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone at all here know who owns the michalak photos only group? Robb

        • joe_mapango
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29 6:36 AM
            Hello Rob. I could use wget (a command to suck website contents) and grab all the pictures for you. Let me know! I kinda doubt it's a you thing (I could be wrong). We could also move the pictures here if there is space.

            I have been banned also from a group or two. I reacted to the group ignorance within. Sometimes your better off distancing yourself from the silliness than subjecting yourself to such nonsense.

            I would not take it personally!

            Chris Curtis

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 29 6:43 AM
              Hi.....thanks......but like I said.....its been going on long enough.....The whole point is, we want the photos to be enjoyed and studied by other boat builders so we certainly don't want someone in control that can stop that from happening. I've heard that there are other people banned from these groups who also don't know why they were banned. This just cant continue like this. If we want to promote people building their own boats, then why are we allowing someone to ban members without cause?? The front page of this group shows links where they can see more photos.....Lets make sure that EVERYONE can see these photos ......photos can be inspiring .....Robb

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 29 6:28 PM
                We now have 100 gigabytes for photo storage and using a tiny portion of it here so if we could move them all here it would nice. Then we can remove the advertisement of those links here. The owners of the second and third photo groups are members here. The first photo group is locked down so tight that no one can see the members or moderators. I would imagine that the original owner of this group owns it and has abandoned it but I don't know that for any kind of certainty.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 29 6:39 PM
                  that would be great.....I hope someone will proceed with this....if we don't need the other groups then lets get rid of them......Robb

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 30 7:55 AM
                    I'm in Virginia Beach VA right now. When I return sometime next week (and have some free time!) I'll start copying things over. If anyone would like to start, please feel free.

                    Thanks Wayne for pointing out the storage space!

                    Chris Curtis (Modirator, Group Owner, and all around Slacker!)

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 30 8:06 AM
                      I would do it all myself but I'm blocked!!.....I don't want to sneak and do it.....I am who I am....not gonna pretend to be someone else.......Robb