Deansboat

  • Scott Gosnell
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
      I may have missed it in the discussion alresdy but anyone know if there was a deansboat in this years Texas 200, I saw some pics of what looked to be one, a dark yellow boat?
    • Scott Gosnell
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Gosnell" <tsgosnell@...> wrote:

        > I may have missed it in the discussion alresdy but anyone know if there was a deansboat in this years Texas 200, I saw some pics of what looked to be one, a dark yellow boat?

        Deansbox
      • scr243
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
          Carl and Josh Clover sailed a yellow Deansbox this year. It seemed to sail very well and they could definitely go into the thin waters.

          Stan

          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Gosnell" <tsgosnell@...> wrote:

          > I may have missed it in the discussion alresdy but anyone know if there was a deansboat in this years Texas 200, I saw some pics of what looked to be one, a dark yellow boat?

        • Timothy Gosnell
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
            After some more research I did find that out, did they post any reports of the boats handling?

          • captreed@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
              > After some more research I did find that out, did they post any >reports of the boats handling?

              I sent an enquiry to Chuck L. about the handling of the Deansbox and he forwarded it to Josh Clover. We are awaiting an answer.

              Reed
            • Timothy Gosnell
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
                Sounds great, will wait on the report

                > After some more research I did find that out, did they post any >reports of the boats handling?

                I sent an enquiry to Chuck L. about the handling of the Deansbox and he forwarded it to Josh Clover. We are awaiting an answer.

                Reed

              • daschultz2000
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
                  I bought the plans a while back. It still may be my first homebuilt. Basic, easy to build. Small enuf to easily single hand and big enough for 2 adult couples to enjoy as a day sailer.

                  The boat in the picture looked very true to JM's plans. One feature of the design is the matching curve of the sides and bottom, per PB&F's theory. Makes sense.

                  When/If I do it, I will build it S&G using advice from Devlin's book.

                  Don

                  --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "scr243" <scr243@...> wrote:

                  > Carl and Josh Clover sailed a yellow Deansbox this year. It seemed to sail very well and they could definitely go into the thin waters.
                  >
                  > Stan

                • scr243
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
                    --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Timothy Gosnell <tsgosnell@...> wrote:did they post any reports of the boats handling?

                    I have also been hoping for an account of the voyage of the Deansbox. I watched the boat every time I was nearby and it always seemed to be sailing very well. It was fast (to me) for it's size and passed my 18 ft. sloop at least one time. They took the back passage rather than beat across San Antonio bay so the boat probably stayed out of the rough water most of the way. Deansbox is designed for shallow water and the skipper wisely stayed close to the barrier islands when he could. We sailed together for awhile along Matagorda island on the third day. Deansbox was sailing fast with reefed main just off the shore and I was sailing much further out in deeper water. It was a real pleasure to watch them, Deansbox was looking good.

                    Stan