Re: 2009 Midwest Messabout Photos

  • buildboats
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2009
      Great pictures Phil, I would have loved to been there with my Trilars, maybe next year. But thanks for posting the Pics for the rest of us to see!!!

      Tom Raidna

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "ptfrohne" <ptfrohne@...> wrote:

      > I posted my photos taken Saturday morning in "2009 Rend Lake Messabout".
      > Please feel free to add comments to document who's who, which boat is yours, what boat is that, etc.
      >
      > The new venue was great. It is a very beautiful location and the body of water in front of us was just right for our sized boats. Those who were adventurous had more lake than they could use in a week-end just a few oar strokes away. Although the wind gods were absent, it didn't deter the good fellowship among attendees. There are no strangers at a Midwest messabout.
      >
      > Thank-you to all the helping hands who helped schlep boats, answered questions, lent a tool, post event pictures, and let the short time attendees park in your campsite. I can't wait for next year.
      >
      > Phil
      > St. Louis
      > Uncle John skiff (blue/white poly sails)

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2009
        Yes- great pics, sir. And good to see them up so quickly!

        I had an absolutely marvelous time at the messabout, and I hope everyone else did as well.

        If anyone has photos of my Fatcat, especialy under sail, could you email them to me please? I need them to update my project page on Buildboats.com

        Thanks!

        Mike S.

        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "buildboats" <buildboats@...> wrote:

        > Great pictures Phil, I would have loved to been there with my Trilars, maybe next year. But thanks for posting the Pics for the rest of us to see!!!
        >
        > Tom Raidna
        >
        > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "ptfrohne" <ptfrohne@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I posted my photos taken Saturday morning in "2009 Rend Lake Messabout".
        > > Please feel free to add comments to document who's who, which boat is yours, what boat is that, etc.
        > >
        > > The new venue was great. It is a very beautiful location and the body of water in front of us was just right for our sized boats. Those who were adventurous had more lake than they could use in a week-end just a few oar strokes away. Although the wind gods were absent, it didn't deter the good fellowship among attendees. There are no strangers at a Midwest messabout.
        > >
        > > Thank-you to all the helping hands who helped schlep boats, answered questions, lent a tool, post event pictures, and let the short time attendees park in your campsite. I can't wait for next year.
        > >
        > > Phil
        > > St. Louis
        > > Uncle John skiff (blue/white poly sails)

      • Nels
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2009
          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <michsand@...> wrote:

          > If anyone has photos of my Fatcat, especialy under sail, could you email them to me please? I need them to update my project page on Buildboats.com
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Mike S.

          Hi Mike,

          I second that request! Julia L.looks great and to me, putting some crown on the decking and hatch top really adds to the looks. How do you plan to cover the cockpit when traveling or leaving the boat on a trailer - since it is not self-draining?

          Also interested in your comments on sailing experience and handling that relatively large gaff rig? Guess there was not much wind at Rend Lake to give it good workout eh?