musicbox2

  • puttzz2004
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2009
      Hello, I am new to the group and am kicking around the idea of building a musicbox2. Any idea how many of these have been built? thanks
      bob
    • Nels
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2009
        Welcome aboard Bob,

        At least one built and I think more. Some photos of the one built in
        2005 in Omaha Neb.

        /0/list>

        You may have to join that list to view them. No problems involved in the
        build I don't think.

        You can also do a search here, by going to the homepage and typing in
        Musicbox in the search box.

        Nels

        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "puttzz2004" <webyoungs@...> wrote:

        > Hello, I am new to the group and am kicking around the idea of
        building a musicbox2. Any idea how many of these have been built?
        thanks
        > bob

      • jasonbiederman
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2009
          Hi Bob,

          I'm in the same boat as you (no pun intended). I'm serisously considering the Musicbox2 as well. I haven't found many examples besides the one already mentioned.

          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "puttzz2004" <webyoungs@...> wrote:

          > Hello, I am new to the group and am kicking around the idea of building a musicbox2. Any idea how many of these have been built? thanks
          > bob

        • sierraclb1728
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
            Hello likely MB2 builders. Mine is nearly finished. Always happy to chat with other builders. Questions?
            The finished (and sailed) boat in NE was built by a nice fellow named Wilhelm (or Wil) who was helpful to me a while back. You might be able to track him down through his posts here. I doubt he'd mind.
            Josh in California
          • jasonbiederman
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
              Any pictures Josh? I just ordered the plans for it last night. I'm excited to receive them. I need to finsish up my current boat project first though (D5 Pram Dinghy - sailing version).

              I do have a few questions if you wouldn't mind.
              1) What are you using for ballast.
              2) How much of the boat did you epoxy coat? I'm thinking just the bottom and up the sides a bit just past the water line would be sufficient.
              3) Is the cabin bigger or smaller than you imagined it would be? Will two be able to sleep in there?

              Thanks,

              Jason

              --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "sierraclb1728" <josh1728@...> wrote:

              > Hello likely MB2 builders. Mine is nearly finished. Always happy to chat with other builders. Questions?
              > The finished (and sailed) boat in NE was built by a nice fellow named Wilhelm (or Wil) who was helpful to me a while back. You might be able to track him down through his posts here. I doubt he'd mind.
              > Josh in California

            • puttzz2004
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 10, 2009
                Thanks for the information, good luck with your projects. I will begin this fall and hope to sail in the spring of 2010.

                --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "jasonbiederman" <jasonbiederman@...> wrote:

                > Any pictures Josh? I just ordered the plans for it last night. I'm excited to receive them. I need to finsish up my current boat project first though (D5 Pram Dinghy - sailing version).
                >
                > I do have a few questions if you wouldn't mind.
                > 1) What are you using for ballast.
                > 2) How much of the boat did you epoxy coat? I'm thinking just the bottom and up the sides a bit just past the water line would be sufficient.
                > 3) Is the cabin bigger or smaller than you imagined it would be? Will two be able to sleep in there?
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Jason
                >

                > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "sierraclb1728" <josh1728@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello likely MB2 builders. Mine is nearly finished. Always happy to chat with other builders. Questions?
                > > The finished (and sailed) boat in NE was built by a nice fellow named Wilhelm (or Wil) who was helpful to me a while back. You might be able to track him down through his posts here. I doubt he'd mind.
                > > Josh in California

              • sierraclb1728
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 11, 2009
                  Hi Jason,
                  No pics on this computer, but maybe I can send some along in the future (I took a number of pics to document the build for myself).
                  Probably will use steel bars, per the plans, as ballast. Too bad it's about $270 here from a metals dealer, but lots of tire dealerships no longer give away their old lead.
                  I epoxied and glassed only up to the top of the chine. I may have enough left over to coat the sides part of the way up, as you are thinking too. But I'll launch it as is, with the sides painted only.
                  Two can sleep in it. It is as big or bigger than I envisioned.
                  Good luck.
                  Josh in California