PCB's Becky Thatcher

  • Grant MacLaren
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2009
      Please visit this web page and, if possible, provide more information and/or photos:

      http://www.grantmaclaren.com/becky/index.html

      Thanks,

      Grant MacLaren
    • Nels
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2009
        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Grant MacLaren" <grant@...> wrote:

        > Please visit this web page and, if possible, provide more information
        and/or photos:

        > http://www.grantmaclaren.com/becky/index.html
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Grant MacLaren

        Hi Grant,

        Great website and probably provides the most information available that
        I have ever seem anywhere!

        BT is a great design in my consideration. When studying it I got the
        idea that a electric form of auxiliary power "boost" could easily be
        interrogated into the design. Couple of golf cart batteries tied into
        the drive mechanism and solar panels on the top.

        I found the paddle wheel design, albeit being very innovative, seems
        rather complicated to actually build. Leave off the wheel and simply
        slap a 2-hp Honda on the stern occurs to me as a simpler choice.

        Just my thoughts,

        Nels
      • Grant MacLaren
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2009
          Nels,

          I had similar thoughts -- maybe a Minn Kota trolling motor
          with some deep-cycle golf cart batteries would work.

          I wondered about that long chain. Wouldn't it sag a lot?

          Anyway, I hope somebody out there has some photos.

          And thanks for kind words about the web page.

          -=Grant=-