Viola 26 (22)

  • Markku
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
      After sailing two summers with AF3 I decided to built something bigger.
      For obvious reasons I decided to build Viola 26. (I like the hidden
      beauty of the simple lines of AF3)
      Now, is there any Violas sailing? Or any pictures of Viola? Or am I the
      first one needing to do all mistakes by my self?

      Markku
    • Nels
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Markku" <markku.valkama@...> wrote:

        > After sailing two summers with AF3 I decided to built something
        bigger.
        > For obvious reasons I decided to build Viola 26. (I like the hidden
        > beauty of the simple lines of AF3)
        > Now, is there any Violas sailing? Or any pictures of Viola? Or am I
        the
        > first one needing to do all mistakes by my self?
        >
        > Markku

        Hi Markku,

        I don't believe either of the Viola's have been built yet. If you like
        the AF3 , then either Viola should serve you well. However if you have
        any intention in venturing into more open waters and bigger waves you
        might want to look at Caprice which can handle big stuff better without
        pounding. Also less pounding when motoring into a head sea if you may be
        doing some of that.

        But you are correct, the AF/Viola class are very beautiful in their
        simplicity of line.

        Best regards and keep us posted as to what you decide.

        Nels
      • Chris Feller
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
          I don't believe any Violas have been built. I am envious I have the
          Viola 22 plans and have often thought of building it. However my
          building space is my garage at 19 feet long.

          Chris Feller
          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Markku" <markku.valkama@...> wrote:

          > After sailing two summers with AF3 I decided to built something bigger.
          > For obvious reasons I decided to build Viola 26. (I like the hidden
          > beauty of the simple lines of AF3)
          > Now, is there any Violas sailing? Or any pictures of Viola? Or am I the
          > first one needing to do all mistakes by my self?
          >
          > Markku

        • Don Swearingen
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
            Go for it. Keep a good photographic record. It will help the rest of us. I plan on the Frolic 2, starting in June. I promise to load you up with pics. I picked it because it has a V bottom, and my lake has chop like you wouldn't believe. Thought I needed something that would take that better. Cheers.

            To: Michalak@yahoogroups.comFrom: markku.valkama@...: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 19:53:02 +0000Subject: [Michalak] Viola 26 (22)