Re: William Jackson

  • William Shenk
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
      Mark,

      You probably noticed, but the Sneakbox design article is on the referenced page:
      http://www.svensons.com/boats/

      Bill
    • vicskiff
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2002
        Max:

        Skeeter it is -- the boat I enjoyed so much as a teenager. Your
        memory must be encylopedic! Many thank you's for sending me the
        photocopies from Boat Builder's Handbook. And I would like to get the
        craft prints (photocopies) from you as well. If I send you, say, $5
        or $10 (US, of course) will that cover it?

        John

        Skeeter's plans show a bit of deadrise that I didn't remember but she
        sure handled like Jackson said she would in the write-up. Yep, 5 hp
        was perfectly lively (although we had to press the bow down to get up
        on plane) and 10 hp would have been maximum.
      • vexatious2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2002
          --- In Michalak@y..., "vicskiff" <john.ewing@s...> wrote:
          > Max:
          >
          > Skeeter it is -- the boat I enjoyed so much as a teenager. Your
          > memory must be encylopedic! Many thank you's for sending me the
          > photocopies from Boat Builder's Handbook. And I would like to get
          the
          > craft prints (photocopies) from you as well. If I send you, say, $5
          > or $10 (US, of course) will that cover it?
          >
          > John

          I will try to run by the copy place this week and get a
          copy made; it's 24 inches by 36 inches, one side.
          I think it will be around 3 or 4 bucks but will have
          to see- haven't made any copies that big in a while.

          > Skeeter's plans show a bit of deadrise that I didn't remember but
          she
          > sure handled like Jackson said she would in the write-up. Yep, 5 hp
          > was perfectly lively (although we had to press the bow down to get
          up
          > on plane) and 10 hp would have been maximum.

          The engine shown is a late-'40s Johnson TD-20, 5 hp.

          One has to "lean" way out over the bow to get any of
          these little 8-footers up onto plane. Some people are
          so adept at doing it that they can steer the tiller and
          work the throttle with their foot.

          Max