Robbsboat

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 116 , Oct 1 11:31 AM
      I created a Folder in the Files section with the above title to save
      any thoughts, ideas or modifications the group may be contemplating.

      I also included a file with a compilation of Jim's newsletter articles
      sharing the development of the design. It contains a lot of
      information about the design but in addition the steps he goes through
      when developing any sailboat design. Extremely useful in my opinion.

      For example, depending on the amount of ballast and where you locate
      it PB can theoretically self-right from a 180 degree knockdown and
      even when lightly loaded from 110 degrees. Also the sail area can be
      calculated in relationship to the ballast, to insure you don't go over
      past 30 degrees.

      Nels
    • tdsoren
      Message 116 of 116 , Aug 8, 2015
        I've been following the Gornik Thread :-)  Cool little boat.

        Tom