Re: [Michalak] Re: AF 3Tape Seam Help

  • Kevin Burns
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
      Thanks Wayne.  It was the outside. The problem was the radius.  I thought I had rounded it well enough, but obviously did not.  I did apply some epoxy first, then set the tape and more epoxy.  The bottom on the AF3 is put on in two pieces and it was on one of the tape pieces for the aft portion.  One area I was able to slit open with a razon blade and add thickened epoxy.  The other area I ended up grinding off about a five inch area with the belt sander, rounding the radius and reapplied tape/epoxy.  All in all a good learning experience, a couple of hours extra work but no major harm.  Thanks for the response.
      Kevin Burns