Johnson OB for PU Pram

  • freedomseeker25
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4 8:50 PM
      I'm going to look at a Johnson Colt 1.25 hp made 1989 for my PU SQ
      Pram. Its weight is 24 lb. Any one know anything about this motor?
      Thanks Greg
    • freedomseeker25
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4 9:00 PM
        I'm going to look at a Johnson Colt 1.25 hp made 1989 ,wt. 24lb.
        Anyone know anything about this motor? thanks Greg
      • Chris Crandall
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5 9:03 AM
          > I'm going to look at a Johnson Colt 1.25 hp made 1989 ,wt. 24lb.
          > Anyone know anything about this motor? thanks Greg

          I don't know the outboard, but isn't that pretty heavy for not much
          horsepower? I've a 1.2hp Tanaka outboard, and it can't weight antyhing
          like 24 lbs.

          From the www:

          1.2 HP Motor
          The motor is known as the Tanaka TOB-12B, TOB-120, or Sears 58513 /
          58613, or the Aquabug AOB-120. This little motor weighed in at 14 pounds
          soaking wet. It has a 22cc air cooled engine with a direct drive (no
          centrifugal clutch) and a 2 blade propeller. This motor offers excellent
          portability and is perfect for people with canoes or small dinghies.

          Note: Soaking wet must mean with the tank filled up. It's a tiny little
          thing (with more decibel power per pound than a bullfrog).
        • Chris Crandall
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5 9:07 AM
          • Nels
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5 9:17 AM
              --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Chris Crandall <crandall@...> wrote:

              > Is this the one you're looking at?
              >
              > http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/boa/818688537.html

              Hi Chris,

              I think this is water-cooled and maybe the Tanaka is air-cooled?Tanaka
              maybe 14 pounds?

              This one looks like a handy little motor and would work pretty good on
              a PU Pram.

              Nels
            • PAUL DELORY
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5 10:15 AM
                I have one that looks very similar, its called a Johnson Seahorse rated at 2hp. Great little motor,
                I use it on my Brick, more than enough power for anything.
                BubbaP

                To: Michalak@yahoogroups.comFrom: arvent@...: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:17:10 +0000Subject: [Michalak] Re: Johnson OB for PU Pram