HC skiff

  • Dan Fournier
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hi group,

      Back in July 2002, when I was building AF3, I asked if anyone had
      built the HC skiff. We had some interesting posts but no builders as
      of then. So now I get the itch to try another build and I'm asking
      again: has anyone built the HC skiff.

      I'm not sure but it looks to me that the sail plan is the same as AF3.
      I built my own sail for AF3 and it was a good experience. I now want
      to use it on a more tradiational sharpie/skiff design. So back to
      Chappel and Reuel parkers books I go in search of a suitable design.
      HC skiff is a take off from these designers. Parker's work is mostly
      his take off from Chappels drawings which are partly from measured hulks.

      Dan F,
      San Jacinto , CA
    • Nels
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Fournier" <pacdan@...> wrote:

        > Hi group,
        >
        > Back in July 2002, when I was building AF3, I asked if anyone had
        > built the HC skiff. We had some interesting posts but no builders as
        > of then. So now I get the itch to try another build and I'm asking
        > again: has anyone built the HC skiff.
        >
        > I'm not sure but it looks to me that the sail plan is the same as AF3.
        > I built my own sail for AF3 and it was a good experience. I now want
        > to use it on a more tradiational sharpie/skiff design. So back to
        > Chappel and Reuel parkers books I go in search of a suitable design.
        > HC skiff is a take off from these designers. Parker's work is mostly
        > his take off from Chappels drawings which are partly from measured
        hulks.

        > Dan F,
        > San Jacinto , CA

        <http://marina.fortunecity.com/breakwater/274/2002/0515/index.htm#Building%20HC%20Skiff>