Re: RB42 pictures-- added pics of fiberglassing and graphite/epoxy bottom--

  • dany_perrone
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2008
      Hi Joe, yes I also decided on the graphite/epoxy bottom in part
      after reading the website that you mentioned. You know I am just so
      thankful to all the people that take the time to document and share
      their experiences on the web so that others can learn. I know i would
      not have been able to build this boat if not for what I learned from
      other people experiences. Many thanks especially to the Duckworks
      magazine.

      My parents plan to take this boat on a long adventure on the Rideau
      Canal here in Ontario. For info on the Rideau check :

      http://www.rideau-info.com/canal/

      The boat will be on the water for a long time. In many of the locks,
      marinas and parks where you can camp they allow you to pitch your
      tent on the grass close to the docks so I think it will be easier to
      just tie the boat to the dock rather than emptying and pulling it out
      ( I'll have to make a watertight boat cover ). Graphite made sense on
      a boat that's going to be in the water for long periods. Plus the
      hardness, slickness and durability of the graphite will help protect
      the bottom since my dad has a bit of a reputation of not been too
      kind to boats bottoms.. LOL.

      Daniel