Re: Piragua's bulkhead

  • vexatious2001
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "pitoufifi" <twiggyr@...> wrote:

      The boat is not
      > exactly straight

      To quote Dick Cheney, "So?"

      My old AF3 had one corner of the stern about 1/2 inch
      higher than the other corner.

      If one measures from the chines to the keel of the my
      AF4, one will find the measurements vary by over an inch
      from one side of the boat to the other.

      When I built my Larsboat I totally screwed-up and the boat
      ended up 6 inches shorter than designed.

      It'll be just fine and you will forget all about the
      little "issues."

      By the way, if you think buying a profesionally-made
      boat will get you a higher quality boat than you can
      build, read here;

      http://www.yachtsurvey.com/HullFailPart1.htm

      Max
    • pitoufifi
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
        From the pictures I saw, all the boats you built are very nice. I
        realy liked your af3 and the way it was rigged (I know...Its gone).
        The link you posted is very interesting. It is hard to understand why
        well known Companies would put their reputation at risk.

        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "vexatious2001" <cadbury112@...>