Re: [Michalak] Re: Pedal powered auxiliary?

  • Thomas Hamernik
    Message 1 of 53 , Sep 6, 2007
      That page doesn't say much about how many are built or
      whether they're successful. The plan shown, however,
      very clearly indicates that the intended use is
      protected inland waterways. I wouldn't want to take
      it on anything other than very protected water!

      TJH

      http://euler.sfasu.edu/Shantyboats/Miscellaneous/Escargot.html

      parent=question658.htm&url=http://www.ent.ohiou.edu/~et181/hpv/hpv.htm
      > > > l)
      > power

      > notion
      > > > that
      > anyone on
      > > > the
      > larger

      > the
      > as
      > > > part

      > > > ______________
      > Check
      > > > out Yahoo! Autos
      > > > new Car Finder tool.

      > ______________
      > > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the
      > Internet in your pocket:
      > mail, news, photos & more.
      > > http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

      that gives answers, not web links.
    • john h wright
      Message 53 of 53 , Sep 18, 2007
        Garth,
        Your question:"Has the Hobie Mirage Drive been discussed yet?
        http://www.hobiecat.com/kayaking/miragedrive.html "

        Certainly it is a good device with a long track record and inexpensive
        considering the quality and function.
        But, I have questions about its human/mechanical efficiency over a very
        long voyage and it also requires a considerable draft under the boats
        keel.

        I do not know the answer to my question.

        I would like to hear from someone that can compared it to a well made
        propeller drive in practice.....or theory.

        John in Bastrop