Gypsy Harmonica Status.

  • Bill Nolen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 8:07 PM
      For the past few weeks I've been busy with other projects, and did
      very little work on my Harmonica. However, this past week I once
      again was able to start work agin.

      I have posted a few photos showing my old trailer modifications, the
      sheeting to the rounded top of the Harmonica.

      b=124&m=t&o=0

      Because of problems I had getting the 1/4" plywood to form the
      proper curve in the open areas between the bulkheads, I almost cut
      away the curved roof spacers, and reverted to the flat roof, as
      called for in the plans!

      After several tests, I ended up adding a extra 1" x 1 1/4" beam on
      each side of the roof to help guide the plywood into curving.

      Of course, this resulted in the loss of 1 1/4" headroom! I believe if
      I were to do it over I'd use smaller beam stock, say 1" x 3/4" beams
      and use two beams in lieu of one. But, this would most likely require
      some bracing under the two beams until the glue cured.

      However, the plywood roof does now curve nicely, so I am happy!

      Bill
    • Bryant Owen
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
        Looking good, Bill. When will we hear about sea trials?

        Bryant

      • BGN5731@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
          Hi Bryant,

          Since I'm already four months behind my original scheduled launch date, I've
          given up guessing when the wetting of the hull will actually take place!

          Soon I hope!

          Bill

        • Bryant Owen
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
            I think this is the nature of the beast. As soon as we start making
            sawdust things start to happen to slow/stall construction. Sort of
            like washing your car and it rains.

            One way or another I know you'll launch - and I want pics!

            Bryant