Small Personal Fishing Catamaran

  • ohiooutdoordad
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15 1:28 PM
      I've designed a small catamaran style boat for fishing small creeks and
      reservoirs. Two 12" x 12" x 6' jonsboat style shells with 2" of foam
      bottom boxed. The seat will stradle the shells with about 18" between.
      My inspiration is the inflatable fishing pontoon boats.

      Has anyone ever seen or heard of somthing similar?
    • Chris Crandall
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 16 8:48 AM
        Sure, they have them for fishing in trout streams. They're pretty wet
        boats, I think, but serve the purpose.

        See also some "flats" boats with a similar setup (although much heavier
        and pricier):

        http://www.flatscat.com/specifications.htm
      • Wayne Farris
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 17 5:33 AM
          I have seen inflatable ones; some only your upper body is out of the
          water and you propel them using diving style flippers on your feet.
          Also, here is a set of free plans for a 12 footer:

          http://www.jemwatercraft.com/pontoon.php

          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "ohiooutdoordad" <nead5@...> wrote:

          > I've designed a small catamaran style boat for fishing small creeks and
          > reservoirs. Two 12" x 12" x 6' jonsboat style shells with 2" of foam
          > bottom boxed. The seat will stradle the shells with about 18" between.
          > My inspiration is the inflatable fishing pontoon boats.
          >
          > Has anyone ever seen or heard of somthing similar?

        • rhaldridge
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 17 10:12 AM