Veep14 all stitched up

  • pvcjunkiee
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2007
      Take a look at my progress for today. Now comes the wait untill the
      epoxy and glass get in.
    • wwbaginski
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "pvcjunkiee" <plasticroach27@...> wrote:

        > Take a look at my progress for today. Now comes the wait untill the
        > epoxy and glass get in.
        it t>

        Bryan thanks for photos. I'd like to turn your attention to the last
        one showing the outboard mounted on the transom, with the throttle
        hanging low over the last bulkhead.

        This is the problem I had on my campjon: too tight for easy handling a
        throttle on it's most low position. This position is very comfortable
        for motorboating beginners as always I am during maneouvres (ahead,
        back, turn left, turn right, low throttle, high throttle and so on)
        especially when you are fosused on everything outside your boat, you
        have so much to think about, and it's an advantage if you can avoid
        lifting a throttle.

        So if I built a powerboat again I would repeat a similar recess like a
        transom has, to make more space below a throttle. You can just check
        if it concerns your boat.

        Wojtek
      • plasticroach27@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
          Thanks for the heads up. That is the exact reason I put the motor on and
          also to make sure I got the recess on the transom right. I think I am going to
          shorten that bulkhead that you are talking about.
          yesterday I was sitting in the boat for about an hour and a half trying to
          go through every possible situation . My wife came outside and said that I
          was acting weird again! Hopefully my glass and epoxy will be in some time this
          week so I can finish her up.

          Have a great day
          Bryan
          KG4ENB