Leeboards

  • egiajack
    Message 1 of 81 , Aug 20, 2002
      I'm building a Mixer and have been wondering about the leeboard
      attachment on the gunwale. Specifically, is it strong enough? Call
      me an engineer, but since the Mixer has no cross-members from gunwale
      to gunwale (one thing that makes it attractive, actually), the
      twisting force of the leeboard is taken entirely on the starboard
      side panel. Is the extra gunwale strong enough? Will it flop about
      like a wet noodle? Anyone with experience with this, not limited to
      the Mixer?

      Thanks.

      Jack
    • Samantha Roberts
      Message 81 of 81 , Jun 21, 2013
        Yes, you are using just the end of the ellipse to shape the leading edge.