RE: [Michalak] Re: flat blades vs spoon blades/fixed vs sliding seat

  • Chris Partridge
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 4, 2007
      Oh well. If I find myself having to motor to Manchester in the future I'll
      drop in (if invited, of course).

      Chris

      Subject: RE: [Michalak] Re: flat blades vs spoon blades/fixed vs sliding
      seat

      West of Manchester I'm afraid. I do spend a lot of
      time in Nottingham though if that's any help.

      Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger
      <http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com> .yahoo.com

    • Al
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 4, 2007
        > Oh well. If I find myself having to motor to
        > Manchester in the future I'll
        > drop in (if invited, of course).

        Course you are :) Do bear in mind I'm the scrap man
        so I don't have any museum pieces (apart from the
        oldest single scull in the country so far as we're
        aware, but we don't like to talk about that... it's
        sort of in two pieces). Just drop me an email or
        something :)

      • Norman Wolfe
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 4, 2007
          If leg exercise is desired, one could consider front faced rowing, but
          this rig also adds a bit of complexity. I do like that you can row it
          using one leg and one arm, or legs only, or arms only. I tried it out in
          a 16 foot canoe and found it quite a good exercise. I would not
          recommend it for RowBoat, though.

          http://www.frontrower.com/

          Keep rowing, Wojtek. Build up those rowing muscles!

          Norm
        • Chris Partridge
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 5, 2007
            Thanks - I will. I haven't been up north for far too long, but the
            opportunity to do so seems sadly remote at the moment.

            Chris

            seat

            > Oh well. If I find myself having to motor to
            > Manchester in the future I'll
            > drop in (if invited, of course).

            Course you are :) Do bear in mind I'm the scrap man
            so I don't have any museum pieces (apart from the
            oldest single scull in the country so far as we're
            aware, but we don't like to talk about that... it's
            sort of in two pieces). Just drop me an email or
            something :)

            Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger
            <http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com> .yahoo.com

          • wwbaginski
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 5, 2007
              --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Al <al_a_man@...> wrote:

              > I have a shed full of oars I'd like to see the back
              > of. If you struggle to find something native to you
              > I'm sure I could arrange to ship you a pair of oars
              > one way or another.

              Al, thanks a lot, this sounds like a good reason to spend a weekend in
              Britain. I'll give you a message if decide. Wojtek
            • Michael Rose
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 6, 2007
                While walking the towpath by the Grand Union canal at
                Southall (well, somebody has to) I came across a chap
                rowing. He had set up a car or van's wing mirror on
                his boat in such a way that he could see where he was
                going while facing backwards. A simple idea and a
                sensible one when using a narrow waterway which
                carries mostly steel narrowboats. But I realised I had
                never seen this done before, anywhere. Has anybody
                tried it?
                Deek

              • Bruce C. Anderson
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 6, 2007
                  Howdy Michael

                  Michael Rose wrote:
                  > But I realised I had
                  > never seen this done before, anywhere. Has anybody
                  > tried it?

                  I've not see that, but I have seen small mirrors that clamp to the bill
                  of a cap that are used for the same purpose.

                  Good Luck

                  --
                  See Ya

                  Have Lots of FUN

                  Bruce

                  Http://myweb.cableone.net/bcanderson
                • charsal4950@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 6, 2007
                    Hi Deek,

                    A rear-view mirror for use while rowing is a great idea for narrow
                    passages. Next we will be thinking about installing turn signal
                    lights:) I hate to keep jerking my neck around while rowing so this
                    mirror idea sounds good to me.

                    Cheers,

                    Chazz in Ohio
                  • d_mcilvaine
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 6, 2007
                      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce C. Anderson" <bcanderson@...> wrote:

                      For a small clip on mirror for a cap try a bike shop. I have used these when cycling and
                      they do work just remember that everything is reversed!