Re: Blobster...

  • awellbalancedgun
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2006
      Scram pram is great if you don't mind the lack of open cockpit and
      unconventional look of the birdwatcher style cabin. I suspect that
      Blobster will be more weatherly its reduced windage.

      BTW, I understand from a conversation I had with Jim that he designed
      Blobster as a replacement for his Bolger birdwatcher which is just
      more boat than he needs at this point.

      TJH

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Grome <bagacayboatworks@...>
      wrote:

      > On Saturday 30 December 2006 04:26, Thomas Hamernik wrote:
      > > From what I can tell, Blobster was designed for comfort, not
      speed.
      > Self-righting, spacious, easily trailed, beachable, economical,
      simply
      > constructed. I remain amazed that nobody has built Blobster.
      >

      > I like Scram Pram better myself, it's the same size as Blobster and
      I think
      > several have been built. Maybe when people compare Scram Pram with
      Blobster