Re: [Michalak] Digest Number 1631

  • Chris Crandall
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2006
      2b. Re: Harmonica Study Plans?
      > Posted by: "Bill Nolen" BGN5731@... billnolen66
      > Date: Sat Oct 7, 2006 6:54 pm (PDT)
      >
      > Please disregard...I ordered a set of Harmonica plans from Mr.
      > Michalak today!
      >
      > Bill

      Welcome to the group, and I hope you're interested in the Harmonica.
      If you have any questions about it, please don't hesitate to ask.

      Also, you may want to check out: http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/occam.htm
      for an account of its use.
    • Bill Nolen
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2006
        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Chris Crandall <crandall@...> wrote:

        > Welcome to the group, and I hope you're interested in the Harmonica.
        > If you have any questions about it, please don't hesitate to ask.
        >
        > Also, you may want to check out:
        http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/occam.htm
        > for an account of its use.

        Thank you Chris. I have read your occam web site several times, and
        have made copies of all the photos of Harmonica's that I could locate.

        I do have a few questions about the construction. When you built your
        Hermonica what type of glue and fasteners (nails,screws,etc.) did you
        use? Mr. Michalak states the boat can be built with simple glue and
        nails. I'm not sure what simple glue might be! :>)

        Bill
      • howgegoboat
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2006
          -

          Hi i use construction glue solvent based (brown coloured)
          which doesn't seem to come out in wash ( best clothes of course) or
          off decking so is quite strong. Some tests in Dave heap boat pages
          show its very good.
          Has a short working ime though.
          Titebond is good but not very thick.
          Build bottom of fatcat 2 style boat will build rest at dad / freinds
          yours james