Re: Picara

  • howgegoboat
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 29, 2006
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Leinweber" <chuck@...> wrote:

      >Hi
      I realise that i will use different ply for bottom and sides, 3/8th
      for bottom / chines and 1/4 for sides / cabin / bulkhead.
      would like higher cabin with seats and poss water ballast.
      Fatcat 2 and troon look good,
      Bob thornes adventurer looks good.
      Prefer wood to epoxy as its so expensive here.
      looking at 15ft+ length 6ft+ beam, 9 - 10" loaded draft.
      sides mirroring the sheer curve (3") thus saving cutting side
      panels, and giving some shape to sides.
      Will buy fatcat2 plans to please dad and deviate from them!
      Yours James

      Hi, James. Welcome to the forum.

      9/26/2006

    • sharpie3444
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 2, 2012
        The square opening in the aft deck is the "footwell" one sits on the deck and places the feet and legs into the well. Likely one could have the foot well long enough to seat at least three. I raised the deck in the cabin at the aft end abt 10 inches to get a flat sleeping area and place a well in that area large enougn to seat 2 to 4 more people - depending on size of the people. The footwell has a raised lip about 1.5 inches high to keep water out of the footwell , I place a 2 inch boat cushing behind that and also installed backrest, worked out OK, also one can sit with ones feet on the oppisite side of the footwell to brace oneself.

        David