Re: R/C steering & throttle

  • rnlocnil
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2002
      THere is a docking phenomenon where if you approach at more than 1/2
      knot, the boat accelerates as it gets closer. Noticed this last night
      when I couldn't convince a friend of mine to come in that slow.
      Guess who gets to jump off and absorb that energy? Your spike might be
      a good solution if you own the dock.

      BTW, I recommend this method of sailing. The friend buys and maintains
      the boat, does most of the worrying, yet still needs crew. I need to
      learn to minimize my comments about missing battens, sail shape, etc.
      No need to load up the car with the Brick and its accessories when
      that other boat is just floating at its mooring.

      Someone was mentioning RC encoding. The airplane guys have radios that
      do this and include a settable fail safe. There are servos available
      in LARGE sized, I have seen some about 2/3 the size of a brick (an
      architectural brick) which were used to control a full sized
      ultralight. You would have to use some other frequency, however.