Re: [Michalak] SKAT LAUNCHED

  • eric S
    Message 1 of 9 , May 8, 2006
      Pete

      AWESOME Boat... Great Job

      eric

      --- petersimmons55409 <petersimmons55409@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi guys
      > This past Saturday I launched my brand new Skat.
      >
      > Couldn't be more pleased. There was far too much
      > wind for a sane man with an untested
      > boat, about 15-20 mph most of the time, but one
      > reason I built this boat was so that I could
      > brave conditions that would have knocked my AF3
      > senseless. I'm glad I went through with it.
      > Skat's deep-v hull knifed through the waves, I had
      > no trouble coming about, and always
      > seemed safe. I'll write more about her when I have
      > more time. But so far, with only one very
      > windy day on which to judge her, I LOVE THIS BOAT!
      >
      > You can see a few pics here (in Photos: Skat Again:

      > Pete

      > --------------------~-->
      > Everything you need is one click away.  Make Yahoo!
      > your home page now.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/6mbrlB/TM

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Bill Turnbull
      Message 2 of 9 , May 8, 2006
        VERY NICE!

        On 5/8/06, petersimmons55409 <petersimmons55409@...> wrote:
        > Hi guys
        > This past Saturday I launched my brand new Skat.
      • Bill Paxton
        Message 3 of 9 , May 8, 2006
          Way to go, Pete! She's a beauty. Can't wait to see more of her.

          I'm assuming you launched her near the Twin Cities. We were also
          sailing in the area on Saturday, and it was a wild ride. Glad to hear
          that your new boat sailed so well.

          Bill Paxton
        • adventures_in_astrophotography
          Message 4 of 9 , May 9, 2006
            Hi Pete,

            > This past Saturday I launched my brand new Skat.
            ...snip...

            That's a beauty, all right. Nice build job, and she looks like a blast
            to sail. Congratulations!

            Jon Kolb
          • Charles Levi
            Message 5 of 9 , May 9, 2006
              --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "petersimmons55409" <petersimmons55409@...> wrote:

              > Hi guys
              > This past Saturday I launched my brand new Skat.
              >
              > Couldn't be more pleased. There was far too much wind for a sane man with an untested
              > boat, about 15-20 mph most of the time, but one reason I built this boat was so that I could
              > brave conditions that would have knocked my AF3 senseless. I'm glad I went through with it.
              > Skat's deep-v hull knifed through the waves, I had no trouble coming about, and always
              > seemed safe. I'll write more about her when I have more time. But so far, with only one very
              > windy day on which to judge her, I LOVE THIS BOAT!
              >
              > You can see a few pics here (in Photos: Skat Again:

              > Pete

              Great job on Scat and the finish job is great. Did you build the sail also?
            • petersimmons55409
              Message 6 of 9 , May 10, 2006
                Thank you, gentlemen, for your kind words for my boat. I can tell you that the finish job is
                much less impressive in person, and the blemishes and mistakes more visible. Charles, in
                answer to your question, no I didn't make the sail. Got it from Duckworks, where I also
                purchased the epoxy, glass tape and fabric, cleats, blocks and deckplates used. -
                Duckworks: If you have to duck, it works! - (Chuck, no charge for the snazzy ad copy!)
                Pete
              • fogovonslack
                Message 7 of 9 , May 11, 2006
                  Pete--

                  Looks great! I'm glad to see another one on the water. Shamefully, I
                  haven't been sailing in over a year, but I did get to take my year and
                  a half old son for his first boat ride last weekend under electric power.

                  Tidmarsh
                  Tuscaloosa, Ala.

                  <petersimmons55409@...> wrote:

                  > Hi guys
                  > This past Saturday I launched my brand new Skat.
                  >
                  > Couldn't be more pleased. There was far too much wind for a sane
                  man with an untested
                  > boat, about 15-20 mph most of the time, but one reason I built this
                  boat was so that I could
                  > brave conditions that would have knocked my AF3 senseless. I'm glad
                  I went through with it.
                  > Skat's deep-v hull knifed through the waves, I had no trouble coming
                  about, and always
                  > seemed safe. I'll write more about her when I have more time. But
                  so far, with only one very
                  > windy day on which to judge her, I LOVE THIS BOAT!
                  >
                  > You can see a few pics here (in Photos: Skat Again:

                  > Pete

                • Ashley
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 15, 2006
                    Hi Pete,

                    Lovely.

                    Very nice job, looks great in the pictures.

                    Fortunately, I have a 21 yr old son who wants to build a sailing boat
                    in the latter half of the year. (heehee - I just don't really have
                    time for another one, myself, or so my wife tells me)

                    We are agonising between Skat and Vector.

                    Hope you get plenty of sailing in, and can let us all know more of how
                    she goes. That's a great photo of shooting along in the breeze.

                    Regards,

                    Ashley