Philsboat Construction Photos

  • chrisbfeller
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2006
      I have just posted photos of my latest project in
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only_3/ photos
      section. After considering many different boats I finally decided on
      Philsboat. The main thing that tipped me in that direction was the
      child friendly feature. I decided to build it without modification.
      I think It is a really well thought out design. I especially like the
      small motor well and offset rudder with angled tiller. More photos to
      come as construction progresses.

      One last thing. I noticed that Yahoo put the large picture option
      back into the photo albums. A great improvement.

      Chris Feller
    • pindimarscram
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2006
        Looks great Chris

        Thanks for posting the pics

        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "chrisbfeller" <chrisbfeller@y...>
        wrote:

        > I have just posted photos of my latest project in
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only_3/ photos
        > section. After considering many different boats I finally decided
        on
        > Philsboat. The main thing that tipped me in that direction was the
        > child friendly feature. I decided to build it without
        modification.
        > I think It is a really well thought out design. I especially like
        the
        > small motor well and offset rudder with angled tiller. More
        photos to
        > come as construction progresses.
        >
        > One last thing. I noticed that Yahoo put the large picture option
        > back into the photo albums. A great improvement.
        >
        > Chris Feller

      • Mike Mulcahy
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2006
          wrote:

          > I have just posted photos of my latest project in
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only_3/ photos
          > section. After considering many different boats I finally decided on
          > Philsboat. The main thing that tipped me in that direction was the
          > child friendly feature. I decided to build it without modification.
          > I think It is a really well thought out design. I especially like the
          > small motor well and offset rudder with angled tiller. More photos to
          > come as construction progresses.
          >
          > One last thing. I noticed that Yahoo put the large picture option
          > back into the photo albums. A great improvement.
          >
          > Chris Feller

          Looks great Chris. You are going to love this boat.

          Mike
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2006
            Nice job thus far, Chris- those frames look clean and sharp, very good
            work.

            I'm in the process of adding cockpit trim and some coaming on the
            foc'sle to 'Valkyrie'. Now that I'm employed again (YIPEEEE!!!!!), I
            will be ordering some new camcleats and fairleads from Duckworks as
            soon as the first paycheck shows up, so that I can re-rig her as
            well. 'Valkyrie' should be shipshape and Bristol fashion in plenty of
            time for the Spring Chicagoland Messabout.

            Mike

            wrote:

            > I have just posted photos of my latest project in
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only_3/ photos
            > section. After considering many different boats I finally decided on
            > Philsboat. The main thing that tipped me in that direction was the
            > child friendly feature. I decided to build it without modification.
            > I think It is a really well thought out design. I especially like the
            > small motor well and offset rudder with angled tiller. More photos to
            > come as construction progresses.
            >
            > One last thing. I noticed that Yahoo put the large picture option
            > back into the photo albums. A great improvement.
            >
            > Chris Feller

          • chrisbfeller
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2006
              Thanks for the complement. I am looking forward to the messabout. I
              am sure I won't have Philsboat done by then but will bring my AF3 and
              maybe the Junebug I built last fall.

              Chris Feller