Re: New year,new boat

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2005
      That is one hell of an ugly boat.
      Don't know why but I like it
      My better half "she who must be obeyed"
      thinks it is a real cutie.
      She is an artist and likes all the odd boats

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Lewis" <numbaoneman@a...>
      wrote:

      > I don't know about quickest, but I'll give you a run for your money
      on
      > ugliest and dirtiest.
      > http://www.angelfire.com/ego/lewisboatworks/html/chugbuildnav_a.htm
      > Every where I put this I am informed that it is Pretty D&*& Ugly.
      >
      > Steve
      >
      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "n4613w6019" <bmckeough@c...>
      wrote:

      > > Just made the 1'st sawcut on Tuesday!Had all materials except
      hull
      > > sides,(4sheets 1/4 inch ply).Am keeping exact cost record.Time is
      > free!
      > > If you'll forgive me for building the quickest,ugliest,dirtiest
      > > boat.Friends don't have to agree!Many here are building works of
      art
      > > but most of us don't play piano!First time builders,ignore
      most/some
      > > of advice of expert posters!!!You could build a boat from
      cardboard
      > > and roofing tar that would last long enough 'till your next
      project!
      > > Make your move.Sail on puddles;don't go to sea!

    • Steven Lewis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1 5:50 AM
        That is also the common reaction. Something cute about the ugly. I
        built that one for about $200.00 including the plexi windows. Still
        needs cushions for the bunks/seat area. Giving it away to someone in
        Chicago when the weather gets a little nicer. He'll probably spend
        the same amount in gas coming to western Iowa to pick it up as he
        could build the thing for ("?"!) and he will miss out on the fun of
        building.

        Steve