Frolic 2 sailing report?

  • Bill Paxton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      There are some wonderful pictures in the Photos section of Frolic 2,
      but has anyone ever posted a sailing report? How does the boat
      handle? Does she tack well? She looks fast, but is she?

      Bill
    • Chuck Leinweber
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
        Hi, Bill:

        I got to sail Gary Blankenship's Frolic2 at Cedar Key this past spring and I
        will be crewing with him on the same boat in the Everglades Challenge next
        March. The boat sails well and is quite good at handling rough, choppy
        water. It is responsive an points well but is only about as fast as any
        other sailboat of it's waterline length.

        It's light enough to be easy to launch and retrieve and has a cabin that
        will barely sleep two.

        Chuck