9582Re: Model in relation to ballast

  • donschultz8275
    May 1, 2005
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Timtone" <tim@t...> wrote:
      > Can anyone tell me if when you build a scale model of a proposed
      design, does the ballast of that model relate in scale to the full
      scale version?

      I don't think it would scale in that direct linear fasion because the
      capacity of the boat is increasing by a square factor. Michalak
      himself would be a better source, though Payson, who is a big
      proponent of model building may also have the answer.

      Michalak is the trained engineer, and Payson the "seat of the pants"
      guy.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic