      From: antec007
      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 1:27 AM
      Subject: [Michalak] Re: G'day , Intro

      As for you not getting messages on your email.
      Go up to the "Edit My Membership" and open it.
      Make sure the right email is chosen and that you have chosen the
      way you want to receive your messages. Either individual or daily if
      you want them to come to your email.
      Then, if you have made any changes, click on Save Changes.

      It sounds like you are going through the list of boats many of us
      have.
      Be careful if you start adding a lot of weight to any of them,
      particularly Jim's Power cruisers.
      The Only way to get good performance with little HP is to build a
      lightweight boat.
      I designed my PK-20 from the AF4-18, and added only a little
      additional weight, but it has effected the performance dramatically.
      My PK was able to plane nicely at about 11mph with an old 15HP motor
      before I added all the amenities. Now it Requires nearly all of the
      33 HP of the motor I was forced to buy to get it up on plane.

      Some of the boats listed there are pure displacement boats and won't
      be bothered by a little extra weight, but the lightweight planing
      boats should be kept that way or you will need to get a much larger
      motor and the boat will not tread so lightly as designed.

      Pat Patteson
      Molalla, Oregon
      PK-20 Designer (Still like saying that.)

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "David Wallace" <swallace@c...>