3036Re: nails

  • Bruce Hector
    May 1, 2003
      Hello Wojtek,

      I'm with Chuck on this. I've never put a single nail in any of my
      boats. I bought some bronze ring nails for my 1st. project, and still
      have both boxes. I use common steel drywall screws as temporay
      fastenings only. I screw them out when the epoxy (the only glue I
      use) cures and fill all the little holes with sludge (thickened
      epoxy). In the rare instance where I want the screw to stay in I use
      a nice stainelss steel screw I get from Lee Valley tools with an
      interupted thread that seldom cracks even fairly thin stock.

      Bruce Hector
      http://www.brucesboats.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic