29295What can I use this wood for?

  • Matthew Hall
    Jun 25, 2014
      For $5 at Lowes yesterday I bought a pallet of dunnage they had laying around.  Most of it is Southern Yellow Pine (it's stamped as such), but there's some other stuff too.  The pieces range from about 40-50" in length.  Some are 1.5" x 2.25" and some are 3.5" x 3.5".  I was able to separate out quite a few clear pieces with no (or very small) knots that are nice and straight.  The wood is stamped "HT" which stands for heat treated, so it's also pretty dry.  I haven't actually purchased AF4 Casa plans yet, but I'm slowly building up a stockpile of lumber and am hoping that I'll be able to put some of this to use for various parts of the boat.  If not, there are about a million other things I could do with it, but just wanted to ask others since from what I hear a lot of folks tend to use 2x4s ripped in half for bulkhead frames, etc...

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic