29268Re: How tough to raise the mast of Jewelbox?

  • brianincorv
    May 23 7:47 PM

      I don't have a Jewelbox, but I Do have the plans, and I have a Bolger Micro. I'm older too, and I hate having to raise the 23' mast while climbing over the cabin top of the Micro.  The Jewelbox will be a LOT easier, because not only is the mast shorter, but you raise it (and do everything else), from inside the slot-top cabin.  You set the heel of the mast down in the step and walk it up.  If you're unsteady at all, the slot-top rails are right there at near chest height to brace against.

      Others with better experience of similar designs will probably be along to chime in. Hope this helps!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic