      From: Michalak@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Michalak@yahoogroups.com ]
      Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:50 AM
      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Michalak] Re: Request for information on finishing and fitting out Campjon

      Thanks for the answers guys.  (BTW, I’ve read Jim’s book, three Payson books, a couple Bolger books, and who knows what else.  Have the Geougon book on hard drive, maybe I need to crack it open!)  When glassing, do I fill the weave of the cloth on the bottom and why?  And the cloth of the sole I will walk on?  (Jim’s book said to put filler in the weave.  What filler?  Do I use thickened epoxy after the “initial installation of the fiberglass cloth” epoxy had cured?  Then use a squeegee to smooth it out?)  What size cleats, where do I mount them?  (I can anticipate two guys fishing one from the front deck one from the cockpit, so trip hazards and plain old being in the way while casting or fetching a fish are considerations, but, of course, a cleat has to be placed such that it will function as a cleat.)  Duckworks (selling stuff for boats like mine, I get it) sells several different materials and sizes of cleats.  I’m thinking galvanized because they and I are cheap, nylon cheap too (do they hold up?).  Where to mount a battery?  I’m thinking forward simply to lighten the stern (even though stern mounting is simpler).  Wiring and circuit breakers for probably navigation lights, maybe screaming headlights and/or modest fog lights, horns, prolly a trolling motor – guidance on cheap, safe, and reliable materials and design that will pass inspection.  OK, enough blabbing.  Thanks for your patience and responses.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic