      From: "mayfly726@... [Michalak]" <Michalak@yahoogroups.com>
      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 3:10 PM
      Subject: Re: [Michalak] Re: My Mayfly12 has gone 3D! (For the time being)

      Yeah, same drought over here in California. What are you working on Alan?

      I was able to spend a lot of time on the leeboard mounting, and some other things this weekend. Finally got the leeboard mounted up and ready to go. Rudder and mast attachments are next. Then hatch covers and painting and I'll be pretty close!

      I have a slightly modified 59 square foot leg o mutton spritsail that I made for my puddle duck that should be close enough to work here, along with the 15 1/2' carbon fiber windsurfer mast I use, and I did some measurements on the existing rudder for my puddle duck, and it looks like with just a couple cuts and slight modifications my rudder should be reworkable on this boat as well. Actually, one of my main reasons for choosing to build the Mayfly12 was that I had already made up a bunch of sailing gear that was really close to what was specified by Jim for this boat. Hopefully some of these shortcuts work out for me.

      More pictures posted.
    • Show all 49 messages in this topic