29180Re: [Michalak] Re: Plexiglass windows for JM's boats

  • Eugene Dixon
    Apr 19, 2014
      Hi Mark
         Thanks for reply.
      At my age we don't  think  "computer", still go to library to get a book..
      Eugene
      On Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:31 AM, Mark Albanese <marka97203@...> wrote:

      Eugene,
      Here's an overview or two.
      Tap Plastics
      Jim calls for drilling holes slightly oversized.
      While you're at it, consider big,  rectangular deadlights in the cabin tops. John Kohnen added them to my boat when he had it. Quite nice, they afford an improved view of the sail shape and better lighting down below, especially if using tinted material on the sides. Adding a light frame from inside is the best way to go.
      The goos people use for sealing are not necessarily UV  resistant. If not, I've read the plexi edge really needs to be masked somehow over the top of it.
      The frames and the seal are important because the plywood and the plastic have different elasticities and will leak sooner than later without.
      Mark

      On Apr 18, 2014 7:49 PM, "Eugene Dixon" <edixon193941@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >   Have never worked with Plexiglas,
      >     What to cut with, any special drill bits , lubricants ect.??
      > .In a past  post, do I remember someone using some kind of double face tape?
      >    As further ?  I understand this site does not permit attachments, does this also include posting Links, such as to flicker?
      > Eugene

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic