29162Re: [Michalak] AF4B Fiasco now maybe a Twister

  • John Kohnen
    Apr 8, 2014
      As long as you've already got the 15, there's nothing wrong with having
      too much power in a displacement boat, as long as the engine weight isn't
      too much for the design. That's a 4-stroke, right? It'll be quite happy
      tootling along throttled back for a nice cruising speed a bit less than
      "hull speed," and it'll real comfortable to live with as it loafs along.
      The extra power might come in handy for emergency brakes and maneuvering.
      Of course if you open her up and try to go much past "hull speed" you
      might make a wake as big as those overpowered trawler yachts you see
      farther up the Columbia. <g>

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      Patience! Patience! Patience is the invention of dullards and sluggards.