      From: john colley <Helliconia54@...>
      To: "Michalak@yahoogroups.com" <Michalak@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:36 AM
      Subject: Re: [Michalak] Oarlock question

      would a Yulloh (sweep oar) work on that design?

      http://wavepropulsion.blogspot.com.au/p/how-to-do-yulloh-remo-chino-tradicional.html

      -Sigurd Olson

      On Monday, 20 January 2014 12:53 PM, Curran Bishop <curranb79@...> wrote:

      It's time to mount oarlocks on the AF4--as an emergency backup only--and I'm going to put oarlock sockets into the combing on the cockpit sides for standing rowing.  I like the look of angle mount sockets (http://www.duckworksbbs.com/hardware/oarlocks/sd580620/index.htm), but that would require that the sockets sit at a slight angle to rearward.  Were I to go with side mount sockets (http://www.duckworksbbs.com/hardware/oarlocks/sd580610/index.htm) I could fasten them to the combing closer to level (i.e. not run them parallel to the top face of the combing as the angle sockets would have to--of course this would break up the lines further, adding to my aesthetic preference for the angle sockets...).  In trying to pantomime the rowing motion with a slightly angled oarlock I don't think it will be a problem, but wanted to check if anyone had tried it and found a slight angle to be a problem.

      Thanks!
      --
      Curran Bishop
      Pastor, Grace Presbyterian Church, Carbondale

       " 'Round our boat be God's aboutness,
             'er we try the depth of sea,
          egg-shell frail for all her stoutness
             unless Thou her helmsman be."