28919RE: Tyvek boat covers

  • rnlocnil
    Jan 5, 2014
      I think the silver tarps may be more sun resistant, or at least they're supposed to be. At one time I was considering getting camouflaged tarps to cover my boat, which was surrounded by trees. I figured it would be less of an eyesore that way.

      I think canvas is supposed to be more uv resistant, isn't it? And, of course, it breathes. In an application where it doesn't move all that much, I should think a coat of house paint would make it last a long time, even in the sun. It would still breath a little.

      In any case, I think it's probably a good idea to provide vents, no matter how well the material is supposed to breath.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic