28879Tyvek boat covers

  • footstepfollower64
    Dec 15, 2013
      Has anyone used tyvek to construct their own boat covers? It is supposed to be waterproof and breathable, and I know there are professionally made covers available.

      Is tyvek available without the house wrap logo on it? Is there a different type available more suited to boat covers, and is it readily available? I am primarily thinking of covers for canoes and kayaks stored on racks in the yard, not for trailering.

      Easy to sew, or do you use tyvek tape for seams, adding elastic, etc.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic