    Dec 15, 2013

      My guess is that it will not, but it is only a guess based on the very little i know. i have found the more i learn in boat building the less i know. : )

      Gene Berry

      On Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:59 AM, daniel brown <dannyb9@...> wrote:

      speaking of new boats, i just finished a model of mayfly 14. i'm wondering if the 14 will plane...as a longtime sunfish sailer-which boat really doesn't look like the planing fool the sunfish is- just curious about the mayfly's potential. i built a bolger junebug and it had so much rocker in the stern that it just sank into its own stern wake when trying to bust off on a plane. any thoughts/experience?

      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      From: mayfly726@...
      Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 23:06:20 -0800
      Subject: [Michalak] RE: New boat

      Wow, that's really cool! I'm anxious to hear how it sails. I am very keen on Jim's skat, although I'd like it better if it were more Michalak, if that makes sense. Like with a leeboard and enclosed bouyancy chambers at each end, and a different sail. Looks like that's pretty much what you've done, plus thrown in a cabin! How much do you think it will weigh? P.S. I've checked out some of the other boats you've built, your puddle duck and Plan B, and Andy's Junk. I really like all of 'em!

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic