28868RE: sails

  • creditscorenz
    Dec 6, 2013

      Robert,

      That sail is now onto it's fifth season. Last year I spent a couple of hours strengthening it by sewing the seams with fishing line.  Other than that I've done no maintenance.  The light flexible battens are the secret.  They prevent the sail chafing against the mast and by preventing billowing, maintain good sail shape without the incredible luff tensions required in a standard lug sail.

      Cheers,

      Rob.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic