      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      From: daschultz8275@...
      Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:24:10 +0000
      Subject: [Michalak] Re: bolger birdwatcher

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, daniel brown <dannyb9@...> wrote:

      > i like double ended sharpies in general but i dont see myself sailing inside behind a plexiglass window coated with salt spray.

      ;-) I'd take that as a no.

      One of the first was built by Jim Michalak, who has developed a group of competitive designs using the Birdwatcher style cabin. They are mostly a bit smaller than Bolger's Birdwatcher.

      A bit of time with the search function in this group will help you find those who have sailed Bolger's and others slot top designs.

      The general consensus is that it is not the claustrophobic experience some were expecting, and that air washing down off the sail keeps the cabin fresh in warm weather. Really sounds pretty nice.

      Don

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic