      From: creditscorenz@...
      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 5:21:29 PM
      Subject: [Michalak] RE: philsboat

      I would like to hear more about Picara.  I've often thought it's just the boat I need for 1 person in bad weather.

      Sorry, Robert, but I just couldn't resist, since it sounds like if we could swap boats, we would both be happy.  Problem is... I'm in New Zealand and I think you're probably in the US.

      If you do a search on Philsboat on this list, you will find my comments about it popping up here and there. In short, while it's pretty good at handling strong conditions with two people aboard, as designed, it's too light for 1 person, when things get rough. That's why I'm surprised to hear you say that Picara is a handful.  I thought they are very heavy boats. In fact, of all Jim's boats, Picara would be the most suitable for going offshore, I would have thought.

      Cheers,

      Rob

      ---In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, <rvwburg@...> wrote:

      i would like to here more about philsboat-it sounds like what i need.i have already built picara-its too much boat just for 1 person in bad weather

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic